Supporting parents and families is integral to Meath’s approach. We have a Family Partnership Leader in place who acts as a link between the school and the home. By supporting families to reduce stressful situations at home, we aim to ensure that all pupils are happy and secure.
Who can benefit from family support?
- Parents/carers who are not sure who to talk to about a situation they are facing at home or school
- Parents/carers needing support, advice or guidance about statutory services involvement
- Parents/carers who are finding it difficult to manage their child’s behaviour or needs
- Pupils who want to discuss any worries or concerns they might have
Our Family Partnership Leader provides:
- Initial family assessments to identify a family’s needs and levels of support required
- One-to-one support and guidance, and a listening ear, for families and children
- Referral to external services so that families can access holistic support
- Signposting to other local support services or community activities
- Support to access Early Help intervention
- Support and guidance through social services when necessary
The Family Partnership Leader can be contacted directly by families and children. School staff or external services also may request involvement. With your consent, we can work together to identify the best way forward for your child and family.
Please note that we are legally bound to follow government guidelines where a child protection issue is identified.
Family Support is available during term time. Contact Liz Jones, Family Support Worker in confidence on 01932 872302.
Local services for families: